EURAC is an innovative centre for Research and Further Education comprised of four areas of research: Autonomies, Mountains, Health and Technologies.
These diverse branches of research share one thing in common: researchers from a range of scientific and geographical backgrounds cooperate in a flexible, interdisciplinary way in the pursuit of fundamental research that is both relevant and sustainable.
In addition to undertaking nationally- and internationally-commissioned research projects, EURAC’s eleven institutes manage numerous local and regional projects that serve as models for other European regions.
The EURAC management (Management, General Assembly, Board of Directors, Supervisory Board, Scientific Advisory Council) are concerned both with scientific research conducted at the institute and its general administration.
Institute for Renewable Energy
The Institute for Renewable Energy conducts applied research in the fields of solar energy and energy efficiency in buildings. Its activities include national and international research projects, as well as direct cooperation with industry partners. Industry-related projects normally involve the development of new products and the evaluation of technological solutions. Furthermore, the Institute offers support in the development of complex energy systems, such as net-zero energy buildings.
The Institute also supports the promotion of renewable energy technologies and assists political decision-makers through scientific consultancy.
The Institute's research involves the extensive use of dynamic simulation tools. Scientific results are based on measurements of internal test facilities and on the evaluation of monitoring campaigns of solar energy systems and buildings.
The Institute is divided into four collaborative research groups:
- Solar Thermal Systems focuses on the combination of solar thermal systems with thermal and electrical heat pumps;
- Photo-voltaic Systems research group focuses on performance characterisation and their integration into buildings;
- Energy in Buildings focuses on net-zero energy buildings and the energetic refurbishment of historical structures;
- Energy Strategies and Planning.
Jobs from this Company
Jobs from StepStone
- Coherent approach needed on visa liberalisation (Opinion)
- Anti-racism bill puts Greek coalition to the test (News)
- Brussels pushes to open talks for EU-China investment accord (News)
- Bankers call for quick action on banking union (News)
- 89 scientists join call for EU action on hormone-disrupting chemicals (News)